Newbie Top Tips
From The GPRO Wiki
- Don't spend money unless you have to.
(We know buying a complete level 2 car before race 1 is tempting - but it really isn't a good idea).
- ONCE AGAIN - DON'T SPEND MONEY!
- Don't use any race risks, as these will destroy your car (Overtaking / Defensive / Clear Track / Malfunctioning). If you do choose to run with risks, remember that 40 is considered ridiculously high for Rookies - therefore don't blame the game if you fail to finish, or need to replace all your parts after just one race.
- Save, save, save all data. Save everything.
This information will help you form better race strategies amongst other benefits.
- Look at the weather - and triple check you are using the correct tyres (Wet tyres when it's raining!)
- Your driver is the most important factor. Get a good driver with the correct attributes and you will challenge for wins even with a poor car.
- Don't offer your driver a ridiculous salary. The figure you are offering is per race, therefore under $1mil is reasonable and anything over $3mil is going to make it difficult to finish the season with a positive cash balance. Ideally, you want to be paying less than $1mil.
- Plan ahead. Sometimes it's better to accept you won't finish the next race, and choose to smoke rather than get into financial difficulty.
- Loads of tips in the forums so learn how to search!
- Get supporter status. Not only does it help the game it also saves a lot of data for you.