From The GPRO Wiki
Also see: Tyre Suppliers
- The dry tyres you select in Qualify 1 are the only dry tyres you will be able to use during Qualify 2 and the race.
- You should select the tyres you think will give you the best strategy before proceeding with Qualify 1.
- Remember that tyres wear in the race, and when they get worn you will slow down.
Select your tyres wisely!!!
The four compounds you can select are as follows:
- Extra Soft - Very high level of grip, but will wear very quickly.
- Soft - Good level of grip, that wears quite quickly.
- Medium - Medium level of grip, that wears at an average level.
- Hard - Lowest level of grip, but wears very slowly.
- Rain - It wears faster than any other compound, but will provide superior performance during the rain.
The wear of each compound can vary from race to race, and are dependent on a number of factors you will have to investigate (e.g. Track "Tyre Wear" level, Temperature, etc, etc...)
Frequently Asked Questions
Which tyres shall I use for the next race?
This depends on a number of factors, and is a decision that you will have to make yourself from analysing your past data.